By Terry Tovey - Warrandyte Community Association President
Friends of Nillumbik has been involved in achieving the following successful outcomes at VCAT:
- 91 Bridge Street, Eltham: Win for Council and objectors. Unfortunately VCAT allowed this on the second application.
- 170-190 Watery Gully Road, Kangaroo Ground: Win for local residents and Council as both subdivision and development of this small block in the Green Wedge was disallowed.
- 780 Heidelberg/Kinglake Rd. Hurstbridge. Disallowed by Council and VCAT. A new application for 2 dwellings was much more appropriate.
- 385 Buttermans Track St Andrews: Win for local residents.
- 14 Taylor Rd Hurstbridge: Win for Council and local residents.
- 982 Hurstbridge/Kinglake Rd Hurstbridge: Win for Council and local residents.
- 655 Cottlesbridge/Strathewen Rd, Arthurs Creek: Win for Council and local residents
- 345 Ninks Road, St Andrews. A win for common sense in this bushfire prone area.
- 14 Barreenong Road, Cottles Bridge. A win for the Green Wedge.
- 2 Pigeon Bank Rd, North Warrandyte. The applicant took this to the Supreme Court to prevent the VCAT case but lost. Applicant withdrew the application. A great win for the Green Wedge.