At our AGM on 19th March 2014, the Friends of Nillumbik Inc. members voted for a special resolution which gives us a new statement of purposes. This resolution (see below) was carried unanimously.
That Friends of Nillumbik Inc. (i) adopt the Model Rules for an Incorporated Association set out in the Associations Incorporation Reform Regulations 2012, Part 3, and (ii) replace the current statement of purposes with a new statement of purposes as follows:
Friends of Nillumbik Inc will work to support and promote the environmental and landscape values, neighbourhood character, orderly planning and good governance of the Shire of Nillumbik. In pursuit of the above and where resources allow, we:
1. Support at our discretion, council candidates at local elections who will further the values, character, planning and governance of the Shire in accordance with our statement of purposes.
2. Consider the appropriateness of planning applications including support for residents seeking to protect neighborhood character.
3. Promote the importance of sustainable development, energy efficiency and renewable energy use, as appropriate responses to the problem of climate change.
4. Participate in VCAT hearings.
5. Make public interest submissions at the local and state level on strategic planning including Melbourne –wide planning, Nillumbik township planning, and Green Wedge planning.
6. Support appropriate management of public land.
7. Support recreation and tourism facilities appropriate for Nillumbik’s special urban and rural character.
8. Participate in Nillumbik festivals.
9. Provide regular bulletins to our supporters.
10.Lobby other levels of government.
11. Monitor our local council including submitting on the council plan and budget where appropriate”.
- carried unanimously